Benefits of UF Innovation Square
Innovation Square has all the dynamics in place to empower forward-thinking companies to transfer their breakthrough ideas from mind to market:
- Located 2 blocks from the heart of the University of Florida campus
- Designed for science and technology companies
- Business "super incubator", VC firms and Business Support on-site
The University of Florida Connection
Businesses within Innovation Square enjoy the many advantages of being adjacent to the nation's #1 public university for transferring research discoveries to market:
- Private companies on-site have access to cutting-edge research from UF
- Access to UF Tech Connect, pairing entrepreneurs and investors
- $619 million in research awards granted in 2010-2011
Building Amenities and Features
The Infusion Technology Center is a brand new, state-of-the-art, Class A building offering private companies the option to lease space for their businesses with:
- Build-to-suit wet lab, dry lab, office/technology, and retail/restaurant space
- Sustainable design allowing for maximum utility savings
- Cutting-edge internet network with up to 10g per port speed
UF Innovation Square in Gainesville, Florida
The ability to take innovative ideas from mind to market becomes exponentially greater in the right environment. Introducing Innovation Square at the University of Florida. Innovation Square is redefining the idea of how research and community become one ecosystem.
A sustainable live, work, and play community, UF Innovation Square has all the elements to empower companies and entrepreneurs to create, develop, and commercialize discoveries.
Innovation Square is where the University of Florida and the private sector fuse. Imagine access to cutting edge research and information from the University of Florida, the #1-ranked public university for transferring technology to the marketplace. Imagine interacting with leading researchers and recognized UF faculty that have garnered more than $619 million in research awards in 2010-11.
A super business incubator, Innovation Square has all the components for transferring ideas to the market, even connecting entrepreneurs with working capital.
Innovation Square is a place to simply call home. Live within walking distance to work, shop at chic stores, dine at eclectic restaurants, and enjoy our greenway parks and trails. It's true urban living for an exceptional quality of life.
You Belong Here
A leading location in the US for science and technology companies with specialists in R&D, nanotech, IT, pharmaceuticals, clean/green tech, gaming/software development, e-learning, pervasive computing, biotech/life sciences and more.
Located in beautiful Gainesville, Florida, with a top-tier university and multiple workforce development facilities, Innovation Square is attracting the best of the best.
It's more than a place to do business. It's a place to grow, invent, and thrive.
Watch this video to learn more about what makes Innovation Square in Gainesville Florida an ideal place for your business. Whether you're a start-up, emerging, fast-growth, or established company, Innovation Square offers many unique advantages. Learn more
The Gainesville Advantage
Not familiar with Gainesville? Learn more about the award-winning community that is attracting businesses from around the world:
- In the Top 25 Smartest Cities in the US
- Hire employees from a deep local talent pool, from lab assistants to MBAs and PhDs
- #1 commute time in Florida, with high quality of life
- Business friendly, with local and state incentives for high-tech businesses
- Low cost of living and doing business Learn More
In the news
MindTree to bring 400 high-tech jobs to the Gainesville area
MindTree Limited, a global IT and product engineering company, has selected UF Innovation Square as the site for its United States expansion, bringing 400 new jobs and making a $2.925 million capital investment in the heart of Gainesville.
Lindsay Brennan, 27-MAR-2012
- #1 COMMUTE TIME IN FLORIDA
US Census Bureau finds Gainesville to have the shortest commute time in FL and one of the shortest in the nation.WUFT-FM Staff, 9-JAN-2012