Directly adjacent to the Florida Innovation Hub, Infusion Technology Center is the first commercial building for private companies looking to take advantage of the many benefits of being located at Innovation Square. This Class A commercial building offers 1st floor retail/restaurant space to support 7 additional floors of wet lab, dry lab, office and high-tech business space for emerging, established and high-growth companies. Due to their close proximity to the venture capital firms and business support initiatives within the Hub, businesses within Infusion Technology Center are uniquely positioned for exponential growth. Businesses looking to join Innovation Square can enjoy the many benefits of Infusion Technology Center by leasing available space within the building.
- 150,000 square feet of customizable space
- Floorplates up to 18,000 sqft
- Spaces ranging from 2,000 to 54,000 sqft
- Ceiling height up to 12 ft
- Slab to slab height of 16 ft
- Energy-efficient design
- 24/7 secure access available
- On-site parking for employees and visitors
- Private business suites, fully customizable to your needs
- 9-story Class A building with state-of-the-art building design
- 1st floor will contain retail and restaurant space to support the thriving businesses in the building
- Floors 2-8 will contain flexible space for wet labs, dry labs, and office/technology
- Customizable for teleconferencing and video conferencing
- Cutting-edge, fiber optic network with a capacity of 10 gigabits/second
- Due to the UF Connection, research and educational affiliates within Infusion Technology Center will have access to UF services including the Florida Lambda Rail, National Lambda Rail and Internet 2
- Planned Growth Program: This unique service allows companies to expand at planned increments (ex: beginning with 8,000 sqft, growing to 10,000 sqft in 3 years and expanding to 15,000 sqft in 5 years)—all without leaving their current space
- This forward-thinking program is among the first of its kind in Florida and allows businesses to keep their long-term capital improvement budgets to a minimum
Customized to Your Business’s Needs
- Chilled water supplied at 42°F
- Water comes from a pristine aquifer and is then softened, fluoridated filtered, and chlorinated by GRU
- Emergency power provided by dedicated 12 KV backbone; stepdown transformer located on-site
- 480/277 Volt
- 3000 amp service
- 3 phase 60 Hz service
- 10 gigabit Ethernet Network
- Lambda Rail and Internet 2 access for research and educational affiliates
- Floors 2-4: Medium-High
- Floors 5-8: Low
- Access to exhaust shafts available on all floors
- Fume hoods available on all floors; high concentration available on Floors 1-4
- Each floor has an individual air handler; customizable to tenant needs
- Four 25,000 CFM (Floors 1-4) and four 20,000 CFM (Floors 5-8)
- Variable air volume distribution to maximize comfort and efficiency
- 5 inches
- Floor load 150 lbs/sqft
- Smart engineering provides vibration control allowing high-power microscopes
- Covered loading dock with dock leveler with direct access to freight elevator
Infusion Technology Center floorplates vary slightly from floor to floor between the first 8 levels, as shown in the slides below. Available square footage varies by floor as well. Floors 1-4 are designed for a high concentration of fume hoods. By reserving space early, companies can choose floor levels that best match their needs.
Cutting Edge Data Speeds
Gainesville Regional Utilities, through its communications division, GRUCom, is providing broadband data and internet services throughout Innovation Square. GRUCom services are provided over a looped, 100% fiber optic backbone network that accommodates SONET and Ethernet protocols operating at 10 gigabits per second. Network connection speeds of 1 gigabit/second will be the standard, with higher speeds available. Through a network peering arrangement between GRUCom and the University of Florida, students, faculty and staff who subscribe to the UF Virtual Private Network (VPN) service can securely access the UF Campus Core Network from the Innovation Square. They also can enjoy remote access to on-campus connections with the Florida LambdaRail and Internet2 research networks.
Building Network Architecture
The structured cabling system (SCS) will be a CAT6 copper system and a complete card access system will be provided. The following data processing applications are supported:
- Ethernet 10 Base-T (IEEE 802.3i)
- 100 Base-T (IEEE 802.3u)
- 1000 Base-T (IEEE 802.3ab)
- 1 Gigabit over fiber (IEEE 802.3z)
- 10 Gigabits over fiber under 300 MTS
- Wireless LANs 802.11abg
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
Hood Density Options
The number of fume hoods is driven by the functional needs of work conducted in the laboratory. Fume hoods are available on floors 1-8 of Infusion Technology Center, with floors 1-4 having an expanded airhandling system to accommodate a higher density of fume hoods, approximately 25,000 CFM per floor. Fume hoods are also available on floors 5-8 at a lower density, approximately 20,000 CFM per floor.
The design team has proposed implementing the following LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification guidelines for this building:
- Reflective Membrane Roof—Precast concrete panels lessens the heat gain that the building must overcome through the use of air conditioning and ventilation.
- Recycling—The building utilizes recycled content materials, regional materials, and certified wood whenever possible.
- High Quality Indoor Environment—The construction area will be sealed and walk-off mats will be placed at the entries to maintain air quality within the building. Through indoor chemical and pollutant source control, and by using low emitting and “healthy” materials, interior environmental disturbances will be kept to a minimum.
- Daylighting and Solar Control— Infusion Technology Center was built to maximize day-lighting and views and minimize energy consumed by artificial lighting and cooling load through site-specific and well-informed architectural solutions. An appropriate balance between natural sunlight and solar heat gain will be met by utilizing external shading devices that diffuse the light.
- Machine-room-less elevators— The building has been designed with gearless traction, machine-room-less elevators that utilize 50% less electricity than conventional traction elevators.
- Building orientation optimized to minimize exposure to harsh Florida solar conditions to the east and west
- High quality Low-E coated insulating glass with argon interspace
- Energy recovery system on Air Handling Units to reduce energy consumption
- Bathroom fixtures are low flow for water conservation
- All VAV air handlers utilize variable frequency drives and high efficiency motors to minimize energy consumption
- All air handlers utilize 2-way chilled/heated water control valves to match water flow with building cooling/heating demand
- Variable lab air control valves provide night set-back capability to reduce building energy consumption during unoccupied times
- High efficiency gas boilers reduce energy consumption for hydronic hot water reheat
- Perimeter space fan-powered terminal units will stage their heating sequence to provide mixed plenum air with VAV distribution air. This allows for simultaneous heating and cooling for exterior zones with minimal heating
- Supply air reset strategies deliver air at a higher design temperature when conditions are favorable
Location: UF Innovation Square
The Infusion Technology Center is located directly adjacent to the University of Florida, within UF Innovation Square. This location provides future research professionals with unequaled access to research infrastructure and technology at the University, as well as the intellectual capital of the academic researchers.
Companies gain an impressive image boost for being associated with Innovation Square, including increased customer perception and instant credibility. Innovation Square has all the dynamics in place to empower forward-thinking companies to transfer their breakthrough ideas from mind to market. Located directly next to the UF’s Innovation Hub, and with approximately 150,000 square feet of customized space provided in the eight-story research tower, the Infusion Technology Center is the catalyst for the new research facilities that will help make up the Innovation Square community. Learn more about the premiere location of UF Innovation Square.
Proximity to the University of Florida
The depth of intellectual assets in proximity to the University of Florida makes this location the perfect home for the Infusion Technology Center. UF currently leads among public universities in the transfer of research discoveries to the marketplace. Royalty and licensing income exceeds $30 million annually and technologies developed at UF have led to the founding of more than 100 companies.
- #1-ranked public university for transferring technology to the marketplace
- UF TechConnect clients have garnered over $500 million in private investment and created over 500 high tech jobs in the past seven years
- Globally recognized in bioscience and technology research
- Diversity of research generates 300+ new invention disclosures a year
- 100+ companies launched from UF research
- $678 million in research awards (2009-2010)
- $619+ million in research awards (2010-2011)
- University libraries form the largest information resource system in the state of Florida
- UF is a gold level LEED campus
- $750+ million in new research facilities recently completed or under construction, including the Nanoscale Research Facility, the Emerging Pathogens Institute, the Biomedical Sciences Building and the Clinical and Translational Research Building
- Learn more about the benefits of being located next to the University of Florida
- Collaboration leads to discovery. The light-filled core surrounded by an eight-story atrium provides the appropriate setting for both formal and informal interactions among the users within the facility
- The building’s organization clearly divides leasable research space from retail and office space while simultaneously allowing all industries to mesh within the central atrium
- Seven floors of space designed for maximum flexibility and adaptability to suit a variety of tenant types, accommodating any variation of office, dry-lab and wet-lab research
- Ground level retail and restaurant space
- The capacity to customize all interior space in order to fit the unique needs of your company
- Each floor plate has approximately 85% leasable space supported by a conference room, elevator lobby, common areas, toilets and core functions
- Each floor has access to a large conference room near the building core. Each of these rooms has access to an outdoor balcony, video conferencing, and a fiber-optic Ethernet network
Community and Revitalization
- New and expanding high-tech entrepreneurs will support the knowledge-based economy of the Gainesville area
- Investment in the city, university, and community through urban renewal and qualitative improvements will strengthen the connections between the public and private partnerships
Why Choose Infusion Technology Center
- Companies gain an impressive image boost for being associated with Innovation Square; increased customer perception and instant credibility
- Urban setting in a highly visible, collaborative research center
- 2 blocks from the heart of the UF campus
- Walking distance to classrooms, research labs, libraries, faculty buildings and more
- Brand new building with fully customizable wet lab, dry lab and office/admin space
- State-of-the-art technical design for maximum energy efficiency
- Specifically engineered for laboratory success
Frequently Asked Questions
- My business is not affiliated with UF. Am I eligible for space in Infusion at Innovation Square?
- Yes. Though there are many benefits due to the close proximity to the UF campus, there is no requirement for businesses to be affiliated in any way with UF in order to lease space within the building. Technology developed within the building is not subject in any way to partnership with UF.
- My business is currently located in a 5,000 sqft wet lab. We’d like to expand to 7,000 sqft now, 9,000 sqft in 3-5 years and 12,000 in 7-10 years. Can you accommodate our needs for growing space?
- Yes. Infusion Technology Center at Innovation Square offers a unique Planned Growth Program where tenants can lease commercial space at planned intervals. We then rent out a subsection of that space to a separate company on a lease term that allows the 1st tenant to consider expansion at a planned interval. This can be a great way to save, since moving and customizing another lab can be incredibly expensive and can be disruptive to your business. We can design a Planned Growth Program for your individual business needs. Contact us for more details.
- We need 3,000 sqft of wet lab space, a conference room and 2,000 sqft of office space for administration. Is there multi-use space available?
- Yes. We can customize the unit to your needs, including conference rooms, dry labs, wet labs, office/admin/support space, bathrooms, kitchens, break rooms, specialty air systems and much more.
- Is it possible to lease an entire floor of the building?
- Yes. We currently have several floors available which have not yet been subdivided for other tenants.
- I didn't see it listed but I am wondering if your building has a specific technical feature?
- Please contact Trimark Properties at 352.336.4930, fill out the Request More Information form below or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for specific technical feature and customization information.
Leasing Information for Infusion Technology Center
- Customized space at Infusion is available for lease
- Spaces range from 2,000 to 54,000 square feet (150,000 total sqft available)
- Tenants lease the shell; all space within the shell can be customized to the exact needs of the business
- Flexible lease terms; short and long term options available
- Infusion at Innovation Square offers a unique Planned Growth Program not found in other research parks.
- Ideal for High-Growth Companies that have outgrown smaller suites, the Infusion Technology Center features flexible office bays, allowing businesses to increase the size of their building space as the company grows, without moving to another location.
- Speak to a leasing broker at (352) 336-4930 about planned growth options or Request More Info.
- Contact us for pricing for your specific business needs.