Offered by Gainesville Regional Utilities
- Solar FIT: Customers signing onto the Solar FIT invest in their own solar photovoltaic (PV) systems to generate electricity and sell energy directly to GRU under a contract for 30 years at a fixed price. The rate will be based on the year the project is approved and the type of installation.
- Net Metering for Solar PV Business Systems: Customers who invest in renewable energy by installing photovoltaic (PV) systems on their business can interconnect with the GRU electric system and receive reimbursement for the solar energy they do not use. Customers will be reimbursed for the excess electricity generated by their PV system, measured in kilowatt hours (kWh)
- Customized Business Rebate: Available for businesses whose energy management techniques might not fit a standard rebate program. Businesses can receive up to $100,000 or 50 percent of project implementation cost, whichever is less. The rebate is based on the reduction in energy use directly attributed to the project at $400/kW or $0.08/kWh, whichever is greater. Projects that have a simple payback of 1.5 years or less will receive half of calculated rebate.
- On-Site Energy and Water Survey: At a business’ request, GRU staff will inspect a business and its equipment at no charge. They can tailor surveys to meet a business’ specific needs, answer questions about equipment use, energy and water history and ways to reduce your bills. Surveys can take 1 to 3 hours depending on the size of the business.
- In-Ground Irrigation System Rebates: Adding a rain sensor to an in-ground irrigation system will save money and water by keeping it from running when there has been sufficient rain. The program offers a $50 maintenance rebate per in-ground irrigation system and $25 rain sensor rebate per system.
- Duct Leak Repair Rebate: Duct leaks can cause a significant increase in air-conditioning energy use. This rebate is most appropriate for facilities up to 3,000 square feet. The rebate amount is 50 percent of the cost of repairs up to $375.
- High-efficiency Central A/C Rebate: A $550 rebate for a 15-SEER or greater, ductless mini-split system or Super-SEER A/C unit. Annual energy savings for a 15-SEER or greater unit could be up to 30 percent when compared to a 12-SEER unit. Additionally, some super-efficient air conditioners and heat pumps are equipped with variable-speed compressor technology that allows equipment to operate at a lower capacity during moderate weather. This results in better humidity control and more efficient operation. When the weather is hot, they step up to full-speed operation.
- Added Insulation Rebate: Applies to facilities up to 3,000 square feet and provides $0.125/square foot of insulation up to $375 rebate.
- Solar Water Heating Rebate: $500 for equipment and installation of active or passive solar water heater systems.
- Heat Pump Water Heater Rebate: Provides $200 toward the purchase of an ENERGY STAR® heat-pump water heater, which is more than twice as efficient as a standard electric water heater. Instead of using electricity to warm heating elements, a heat-pump water heater moves heat from the surrounding air to the water inside the storage tank.
- Window Tint/Film/Solar Screens Rebate: Provides $1.00/square foot up to $100 rebate for window film or solar screens.
- Window Replacement Rebate: Provides $ 1.25/square foot up to $300 rebate for ENERGY STAR®-qualified windows, French doors, sliding glass doors and skylights.
- View Additional Incentives Provided by Gainesville Regional Utilities
Other Incentives Available at Infusion
- State of Florida Financial & Tax Advantages
- Financial Incentives Offered by the City of Gainesville
- Financial Incentives Offered in this Enterprise Zone